Posted to alt.home.repair
Jay Hanig[_4_] Jay Hanig[_4_] is offline

Default Replace spark plugs

On 10/21/2010 11:41 AM, p4o2 wrote:
Has anyone replaced the plugs on a 2000 malibu (or similar motor)?

I wanted to have the 6 plugs on my 2000 Malibu replaced and I was told
it would cost $191 to do it. Is there that much labor in the job?

I don't know but on my 2000 Taurus (which is a front wheel drive
vehicle) I've never even seen the back row of plugs. The firewall gets
in my way. The labor in servicing the plugs on that bank is more than
I'd want to mess with although I wouldn't hesitate on a rear wheel drive
engine.

But the fact that you can't see what you're working on makes all the
difference.... and more expensive, I'd assume.

Jay