Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default Replace spark plugs

On 10/21/10 12:20 pm, LSMFT wrote:

Has anyone replaced the plugs on a 2000 malibu (or similar motor)?

I wanted to have the 6 plugs on my 2000 Malibu replaced and I was told
it would cost $191 to do it. Is there that much labor in the job?

I have no idea about the Malibu, but replacing the plugs in my Chrysler
300M was a piece of cake. I don't recall the price of the plugs at
AutoZone -- maybe $4 each.

It's an American lack of engineering intelligence. Replaceable parts
should be accessible. If they were building houses you can bet they
would put junctions boxes behind walls not accessible.

In fact inaccessible junction boxes are illegal in the USA -- at least
according to the last many editions of the National Electrical Code.

Perce