Posted to rec.woodworking

Default My week

On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 11:17:11 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy
wrote:

On Oct 20, 11:49*am, -MIKE- wrote:
On 10/20/10 9:34 AM, Leon wrote:

So instead of the example you show of the Fein being over 13 times more
expensive, it really is only 3 1/2 times more expensive with normal pricing.

I'm not trying to defend the HF, as I have one and know what it is....
and would much prefer the Fein if it came down to it... but....

Since when is "normal pricing" relevant to anything. The only relevent
price is what you can expect to pay for something. In the case of the
HF, that's never higher that $35 bucks, because the thing is always on
sale. You can walk in the door and ask for the latest coupon or ask them
to match the website price if it's cheaper.

Drum equipment manufactures are notorious for having ridiculously,
artificially inflated retail list prices. Cymbals, heads, etc., always
have a sale price of 50% off list. I'm not going to pretend the normal
price of a pair of sticks is 14 bucks, when I know they always sell for $7.

In the case of Fein, their quality speaks on its own. Being 3-1/2 or 6
times as expensive is irrelevant in the debate, to me, at least.

The Feins don't gum up with oak rust quite as fast.

HAH! I've used my HF at least a dozen times seriously now, and I've
yet to see one single granule of oak rust anywhere around it or on it.
So there, Mr. Smartypants.

--
Know how to listen, and you will
profit even from those who talk badly.