Posted to rec.woodworking

Default My week

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 21:21:50 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy
wrote:

On Oct 19, 9:13*pm, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 19:41:29 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Oct 19, 4:30 pm, "Leon" wrote:
"Jim in Milwaukee" wrote in
Wonder what the price tag will be on this one.

My guess between $375 and $475.

Under 400... has to be.

But you'll simply _have_ to have those extras and options which bring
the total up to a mere $3,975.43, won't you? *I knew you would. *

I only buy what I know will pay for itself, and as I am retired, that

Same here, but I can easily get by with HF (and American-made) tools
for most work. I needed a -good- impactor and have had both Bosch and
Makita now. Both were both necessary and worth it. I'm not retired,
I's just po workin' folk.

has raised the bar quite high. I love a good tool as much as the next
guy, and I could (most of the time) justify buying Festool grade
tools. No tool works harder or smarter than a Festool.

I, too, can appreciate a good tool, but it rankles me to no end that
some toolmakers (Fein, Festool, and others) price theirs 2x to 20x
above the rest.

Other than greed, I cannot fathom why Fein would price a tool at $400
when a nearly identical one is imported and sold by HF for $30.
Granted, a tool utilizing a brand-new, good idea is worth more than an
everyday tool, but 12x. How does that saying go? "...and the horse
that rode in on them." or something.

--
Know how to listen, and you will
profit even from those who talk badly.