Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default My week

"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in message
eb.com...
"Leon" wrote in
:

"Mike M" wrote in message

I still have to check and be sure the Rotek is really sanding. Too
quiet no dust I'll get used to it eventually. Find I'm really
disgusted when I use the belt sander with the mess.

Mike M

I don't find it much quieter than my old PC right angle ROS unless you
are talking about the quiet from the vac also, but it took me about a
year to get use to no seeing dust. It really does make you wonder if
you are doing anything until you slide your hand across the surface.

How are these on vibration? I can't use half the sanders out there
because they simply vibrate too much.

Festool has a couple of "normal/standard" ROS with round disks. And the
ETS125 is absolutely silky smooth and you can simply set it down on the
work, turned on, and guide/push it with your finger if you chose to do that.
;~) Although not as aggressive as the Rotex sanders.

http://www.festoolusa.com/products/o...er-571610.html

The Rotex sanders naturally have a bit more vibration especially in their
"belt sander" aggressive mode. My rectangle pad RTS400 sander does not make
my hand tingle after extensive use like both of my older PC SpeedBloc finish
sanders did and those things were pretty nice.