Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike M Mike M is offline

Default My week

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 16:24:56 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 10/18/2010 2:46 PM, Jim in Milwaukee wrote:
About a week ago, I was sanding with a PC ROS hooked up to my Shop Vac
QSP when the vac decided not to turn off and on with the sander. So off
to Woodcraft and came home with a Fein Turbo II. Much better, more
suction, etc. This weekend, Friday, went to Woodcraft for their open
house/sale. Sunday, the sander decided to random orbit about 10 times a
minute. Had the sander had any compassion, it would have died Thursday.
Today, off to Woodcraft again. Now the proud owner of a Festool ETS 125
EQ ROS. What a difference.

I've got the RO 125, the RTS 400, and the DTS 400. There is a new one
that is being sold in Europe, the RO 90, that is supposedly due in NA
soon, that will be next on my list:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66dWpd-6tm4

Amazing how much time these sanders save on a project ... and how much
cleanup time, to boot.

I still have to check and be sure the Rotek is really sanding. Too
quiet no dust I'll get used to it eventually. Find I'm really
disgusted when I use the belt sander with the mess.

Mike M