Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default Citizen C2020H 44780 module.

"Clifford Heath" wrote in message
u...
Ian Field wrote:
Anyone know of a way to power it up without damage if I don't get the
pins right first time?

If the 44780 chip isn't COB and you can get to the pins,
probe it to find which connection goes to the power pins.

Something I should have thought of - all the modules have a pressed steel
frame, and *ALMOST* all of them have the securing tabs bent into contact
with print lands connected to Vss, the only one I have with no connection to
the metalwork - I have the data sheet anyway.

So apparently I can identify Vss & Vdd without any problem.