Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default InSinkErator Disposer Housing Cracked

"jeff_wisnia" wrote

Has anyone else encountered a cracked PVC housing on one of those cheapie
disposals? I have no direct knowledge of anyone putting something like a
rock into it and running the disposal for a while so the rock kept
whacking the housing, but you never know.

Jeff

ANY hard object, or even an small piece can blow out a hole or make a crack
in the outer housing, no matter how much you watch what you put in there.
I've replaced two with dime sized holes blown in them, and never did see the
offending particle.

Steve