Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Panel Edge Glue-ups Without Jointing?

On Oct 15, 9:06*pm, -MIKE- wrote:
On 10/13/10 2:36 PM, Robatoy wrote:

On Oct 13, 3:29 pm, *wrote:
By the way, I just came home with this...
http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2020101/19173/Freud-Glue-Line-Rippin....

Great blade. Used it a lot.

This blade is living up to its hype.
First thing I noticed is that the stock moves a lot faster with a
dedicated rip blade.
Second thing I noticed is that the cut surface comes out looking as good
or better than a edge done on a router.
With the exception of some light burns due to operator error, it cuts a
pristine edge.

--

* -MIKE-

* "Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life"
* * *--Elvin Jones *(1927-2004)
* --
*http://mikedrums.com
*
* ---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

IMHO, table saws shine at ripping, it is what they do best. Cutting
panels to size (plywood, MDF, PB) is another of its strong points, but
a proper panel saw does that job better and takes up way less space,
but you can't rip lumber on a panel saw, so table saw it is.