Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "Heatballs" - Their time has come

Do you mean jellied diesel? I don't think propane has that problem.

I can easily imagine power bill being lower with CFL. Which is fine,
if all you want is light.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"DGDevin" wrote in message
m...

When I wore a younger man's clothes I worked in oilfield camps in the
frozen
north. The big tanks of propane which provided heat for the trailers
had
insulated boxes under them containing lightbulbs that were powered by
the
camp diesel generator which ran 24/7. The heat from those bulbs kept
the
propane from turning into a gel and not flowing to the heaters.

The very fact that an incandescent bulb produces so much heat (as
opposed to
light) from the electricity it consumes should be a hint as to why
such
bulbs are no longer such a great idea. When we switched to CFLs our
electric bill took a dive. Pay more for power vs. pay less for power,
hmmmm, tough call.