Posted to alt.home.repair
ChairMan ChairMan is offline

Default "Heatballs" - Their time has come

In m,
DGDevin spewed forth:
"Jon Danniken" wrote in message

I am currently using a 60W bulb for that exact purpose - to provide
heat in a small space.

Jon

When I wore a younger man's clothes I worked in oilfield camps in the
frozen north. The big tanks of propane which provided heat for the
trailers had insulated boxes under them containing lightbulbs that
were powered by the camp diesel generator which ran 24/7. The heat
from those bulbs kept the propane from turning into a gel and not
flowing to the heaters.
The very fact that an incandescent bulb produces so much heat (as
opposed to light) from the electricity it consumes should be a hint
as to why such bulbs are no longer such a great idea. When we
switched to CFLs our electric bill took a dive. Pay more for power
vs. pay less for power, hmmmm, tough call.

but shouldn't the market be the one that effects the change and not gvmt?
I know lots of people don't like choice, but things are getting ridiculous.