Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Finished teak segmented bowl

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 10:35:10 -0800, Kevin Miller wrote:

He planes them? Didn't think that was possible. I bought one of those
Jet 10/20 sanding drums which works a treat for getting the rings flat.

Yeah.. as he explained it to me, after he glues a ring together, he fits it in a
sled and runs it through his planer..

So why isn't he posting his work?

He is, he just isn't into newsgroups.. check him out he
http://www.thesegmentedturner.com/

I like to just put a chunk of wood on the lathe and make shavings..

There are many times that that is all I want to do as well. It can be
therapeutic. I was teaching a friend to turn the other day - he was
making guages (those massive earrings that the tatoo crowd wears these
days) and got so engrossed in the cutting that he totally forgot to stop
and measure! Just something about peeling wood off...

...Kevin

That's exactly how I teach!
If they aren't willing to make nothing but shavings for at least their first 2
lessons, I don't want to spend time on them..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing