Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Kitchen Faucet

On Oct 15, 12:15*pm, mike wrote:
On Oct 15, 12:34*am, Jeff Thies wrote:

* *I'm told that there are good faucets of all manufacturers these days.
It's been a while since I bought one, but it's hard to believe that.
I've bought enough crap in the past to be cautious.

* *I've got a white sink and I'm thinking of getting a white pull down
faucet to go with it, got a mystery chrome one now.

* *Who makes a decent faucet these days and what should I stay away
from? Delta, Moen?

* *What about those side handle faucets.

* *I have been trying to buy Kohler, but I have sticker shock when it
comes to Kitchen Faucets.

* *Jeff

When Price Pfister started charging shipping for their constantly
problematic
kitchen faucet I had (fairly new, but 2 or 3 defective cartriges and 2
leaky sprayers, total), I decided that if I had one more problem, that
I'd rip the lemon out. *My time and inconvenience are worth something.

I now have a Delta. It is a pull down with a magnetic docking. *That
part I like. *I also like the tall goose neck design.

The part that I don't like as much is the short and awkward lever
control that makes it hard to get precise temperature control. *It
looks nice, but that look comes at the price of function. *I also
don't like that it has no dead zone at shutoff. *If you come .000001
inch short of shutting off the faucet, it doesn't stop the flow. *It
does shut off, but that lack of dead zone makes you have to try twice
every so often.- Hide quoted text -

"If you come .000001 inch short of shutting off the faucet, it
doesn't stop the flow."

It's not just the fancy "goose neck" Delta's that have this issue. My
Mom's low-end Delta does the same thing and has the added feature that
the handle must be just about dead-nuts centered to stop the flow.

You can close it as hard as you want, but if it's .000001 inch to the
left or right, it drips.