Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Kitchen Faucet

In article ,
Jeff Thies wrote:

I'm told that there are good faucets of all manufacturers these days.
It's been a while since I bought one, but it's hard to believe that.
I've bought enough crap in the past to be cautious.

I've got a white sink and I'm thinking of getting a white pull down
faucet to go with it, got a mystery chrome one now.

Who makes a decent faucet these days and what should I stay away
from? Delta, Moen?

What about those side handle faucets.

I have been trying to buy Kohler, but I have sticker shock when it
comes to Kitchen Faucets.

Jeff

I picked up a Moen from the sale table (impulse buy) at Home Depot a few
years ago and never got around to putting it in. Plumber was here for
another matter recently and I asked him to put it in while he was here.
Replaced a 30 year old Delta that was cosmetically challenged but still
working fine. He frowned at the Moen and I asked him what brand he liked
these days. There was no hesitation or equivocation about his
preference: Delta.