Posted to rec.woodworking
Rene Rene is offline

Default Old saw blade question

On Oct 14, 4:47*pm, "Thos" wrote:
Part of the things I got after the death of my Dad a few years ago was a
cabinet with several (20-30) blades for a the old Delta TS he had. *I don't
believe any of them are "name brand" blades. *There are a variety of rip and
crosscut blades, some in decent shape and sharp, and some are dull, and
slightly rusty. *If I had to guess, most of the blades are at least 50 years
old. *Is there any use for these other than selling for scrap metal prices
which seem to be up these days? *I have his saw, a mid *'50s Unisaw and I
have a few good modern blades for it. These old blades haven't seen the
light of day in many years and are just taking up space. *Opinions?
Thanks in advance

You could get some clock works for them and make saw blade clocks for
whomever as gifts.