Posted to rec.woodworking
Father Haskell Father Haskell is offline

Default Old saw blade question

On Oct 14, 6:06*pm, Nova wrote:
jo4hn wrote:
Thos wrote:

Part of the things I got after the death of my Dad a few years ago was
a cabinet with several (20-30) blades for a the old Delta TS he had. *
I don't believe any of them are "name brand" blades. *There are a
variety of rip and crosscut blades, some in decent shape and sharp,
and some are dull, and slightly rusty. *If I had to guess, most of the
blades are at least 50 years old. *Is there any use for these other
than selling for scrap metal prices which seem to be up these days? *I
have his saw, a mid *'50s Unisaw and I have a few good modern blades
for it. These old blades haven't seen the light of day in many years
and are just taking up space. *Opinions?
Thanks in advance

make clocks. *look athttp://www.klockit.com/and similar sites for works.
* * mahalo,
* * jo4hn

Or try your hand at knife making. *Old saw blade provide decent blade
stock. *See:

http://www.huntchat.com/showthread.php?t=47259

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Older ones were more likely plain carbon, which is excellent
knifemaking stock. 1/8" sawplates are perfect for making into
wooden plane irons, shop knives, etc.