Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Gerald Ross[_3_] Gerald Ross[_3_] is offline

Default Finished teak segmented bowl

Kevin Miller wrote:
Here's the finished bowl. It was made with teak, sycamore, maple&
purpleheart. About 11 1/2" wide at the top. Finished with Minwax Tung
Oil Finish, which I'm not very impressed with. It doesn't seem to fully
dry - at least not after 24 hours. Usually I use Formby's Tung Oil
Finish when I want a wipe on finish but thought I'd experiment a bit.
That'll teach me!

More segmented turnings coming...

Beautiful. Have you tried Lee Valley's Polymerized Tung oil? It dries
in just a few hours. I often use the thinner (sealer) version to bring
out the color and grain, then the same day finish with wax-shellac.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

A stitch in time would have confused