Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default Fire-safe low power space heater?

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 09:15:49 -0500, Ignoramus12853 wrote:

I would like to find/make etc a space heater, I would say 200 watts, that
would be completely fire safe (say, I could surround it with paper and it
still would not start a fire). How would I accomplish this?

Make sure its output temp. can never exceed, say, 160°F. Or pick any
number; paper flashes at 451°F, at least according to Ray Bradbury. ;-)

When it's 55°F outside, I'd be happy with air heated to 80°F, but 120°F
will get the chill off faster. And a hot toddy can really enhance the
warming effect. ;-)

Good Luck!
Rich