Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default M1 garands and their clip Mosin Nagant

Gunner Asch on Wed, 13 Oct 2010 02:52:08 -0700
That slide locked open makes it just that much quicker to get
the first round chambered from the new magazine.

True - but I've been so focused on shooting, that I didn't really
notice the slide was locked back till I pulled the trigger - "hu-waah?
Oh! reload time."
And insufficient grease in a Browning 9mm, lets you practice
clearing jams, too.

Practice what I taught you.

Let me check my notes - ah "Patience" Yeah, yeah, how long will
that take?
What is the old saying "slow is sure; Sure is fast." I'm working
on sure.

It will come naturally in a very short time.

Don't I know it. There is a story of a Shaolin monk, who was told
to "take a pot of water and slap the water out of the pot". Every
dang day. After a year, he goes home to visit family, and while there
is asked a question, and responds "I am learning nothing" and slaps
the table. Which breaks. "Wax on, wax off" etc, and so on.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich