Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac
Harold & Susan Vordos Harold & Susan Vordos is offline

Default oh, what pains, and what pills to take

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 08:49:11 GMT, "Harold & Susan Vordos"
wrote:

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
snip--

Get a prescription for 800mg time-release ibuprofen.
Should work fine by itself, but with a Spaten Optimator
chaser, it's marvelous. Can you drink beer for medicinal
purposes?

I recall, some time ago, having a little back trouble. Vet prescribed
those
800 mg ibuprofen.

Years ago I had a bleeding ulcer. My stomach has given me fits for
years.
I now take half an OTC Prylosec daily, which has resulted in the best
I've
felt in years.

Back to the back trouble of the old days. About the time my back
started
feeling better, my stomach was killing me. Ibuprofen is very touch on
the
stomach, assuming one is inclined to suffer that affliction.

Harold

You do know that most ulcers have been found to be the result of
bacteria

Yep! Helicobacter pylori. I've been through the "cure" three times,
including taking bismuth. Seems my acid production was out of control, so
it returned with a vengeance. Science, at one time, figured nothing could
survive in the human stomach. They were wrong. It thrives in acid
conditions.

I finally made the connection between stopping taking the anti-biotic
(Tagamet those days) and the beginning of the decline of how I felt. By
taking the half each day, (with the vet's approval) I am now enjoying what
I'd consider a normal stomach. I dare not stop, for fear the pain and
discomfort will return. I also had heart burn that could light a small
city. That, too, is gone.

Life is good!

Harold