Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Panel Edge Glue-ups Without Jointing?

On Oct 12, 3:06*pm, "J. Clarke" wrote:
In article ,
says...

On 10/12/10 1:07 PM, Robatoy wrote:
On Oct 12, 1:54 pm, *wrote:
On 10/12/10 12:36 PM, Robatoy wrote:

* *zzactly. I got into the TruMatch routerbits/base combo and had so
much luck with it, I never looked back.

So, I get how the left and right match up with the wavy edge... like T&G.
Is the base combo part of it a spacer that is half the thickness of one
'wave?"

--

* *-MIKE-

an exact 1/8" however you get to that. Either a dedicated router base
or a shim laid on one edge (not as reliable.
I can hook you up with the right router base, which you can eithew
drill yourself or predrilled for your router.
I don't know how much of this you're going to do, so....
I think Tom calls it SeamRite
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2elob3u

If it's just a matter of setting the depth 1/8" up or down, I can do
that and make a test cut to check it.
I've also gotten pretty adept at running long stock over the router
table, so that's not an issue.
Funny, but this bit, with the exact offset of the outfeed fence, would
function as a jointer as well.

If you have it set correctly for the stock thickness then you should be
able to alternate cutting from the front and back faces and have them
mate perfectly without any shim required.

Only if the thickness is in perfect increments of .125"