Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Panel Edge Glue-ups Without Jointing?

On Oct 12, 5:14*pm, -MIKE- wrote:
On 10/12/10 2:31 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Hard to explain, I need to draw that up for you.... maybe not. You
want the upside seam to be vertical, not on any tangent of that 1/8".

You're saying the top of the surface of material should match up with
the apex of the curve in the cutter... the farthest point in or out in
the curve.

--

* -MIKE-

* "Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life"
* * *--Elvin Jones *(1927-2004)
* --
*http://mikedrums.com
*
* ---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

You want the exit apex to be vertical, 90° to the surface. If you do
anything less or more than that, you will be feathering the edges,
lengthening/widening the edge. It would make sense to keep that as
tight as possible.
Your question, in itself, tells me you understand.