Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Panel Edge Glue-ups Without Jointing?

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
I'm getting ready to glue up some panels for an electronics rack case I'm
building for a client. The longest panels will be 42".

In what I think was a table saw thread, maybe a year ago, someone
mentioned that they get a glue-up-ready edge joint with their table saw. I
do have a jointer, but I also have a good table saw with a good blade, a
long rip fence and a long outfeed table.

Any of you guys remember writing that?
Anyone else glue up panels with the saw cut alone?
Is there a better saw blade for this?

I only use the TS and had a jointer for about 25 years. I never used the
jointer, so to speak and got rid of it about 6 months ago.

IMHO for the most part it is hard to run an 8' board through common sized
jointers. If my board is not straight I use a sled to straighten the edge
on my TS. Typically my TS edges come out better than they ever did from my
jointer.