Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default M1 garands and their clip Mosin Nagant

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 23:23:33 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

It doesn't take long to put a full magazine into the 1911 if you
aren't worried about saving the empty magazine -- or are you talking
about the time needed to fill an empty magazine?

It is only recently that the Army has decided that issuing the
line troops side arms is a good thing. I believe the practice is what
is called a "New York Speed loader" - also known as "having another
gun". Even on a bad day, it's faster than trying to clear a jam, or
reload a fresh magazine.

On the other hand...it takes a finite amount of time to realize the
weapon in your hand is empty, and to draw the second one, and ready it
to fire.

A proper magazine change can be done in far far less than 1 second.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)