Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mosin Nagant

On 2010-10-11, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 00:40:19 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

[ ... ]

However I do wonder what qualifies the Garand as less of a "battle
rifle" and more of a "target rifle" than the Lee-Enfield.

Because the Lee Enfield can be buried in mud, used to pry out a Bren
carrier and then used as a tent pole, and when needed, it will fire

The Garand...unfortunately...wont fire when treated that way. Least not
more than once.

Plus it holds 3 rounds less than the LE

And it tells the other side when its empty.

I don't think that anything tells the other side that more than
a Luger. :-) (I guess that you could paint the toggle links day-glo
orange or something, but even without that, it is still pretty obvious,
even to the person you are pointing it at.

Is the Garrand empty status more visible to someone off to the
side? Does it perhaps drop the magazine automatically? (I've never had
one of those to play with -- just the 98 Mauser, and the SKS for long
guns.)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564