Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mosin Nagant

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 00:40:19 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

In article , says...

On 10/9/2010 3:38 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

"Americans went to war with target rifles
Germans went war with hunting rifles
Brits went to war with battle rifles"

Russians went to war with tractors

Gunner

And the T34/76 was a really GOOD tractor!

However I do wonder what qualifies the Garand as less of a "battle
rifle" and more of a "target rifle" than the Lee-Enfield.

Because the Lee Enfield can be buried in mud, used to pry out a Bren
carrier and then used as a tent pole, and when needed, it will fire

The Garand...unfortunately...wont fire when treated that way. Least not
more than once.

Plus it holds 3 rounds less than the LE

And it tells the other side when its empty.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)