Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mosin Nagant

Gunner Asch on Sun, 10 Oct 2010 13:24:23 -0700

No scoped handguns in your battery? Check out Thompson-Contenders.

Now the big question is...how far can you actually shoot in your area?

It may be like having a tricked out car or truck that will go from 0-120
in 4 seconds..but if your speed limit is 55....you will sooner or later
have some issues.....

Living in the north woods of Michigan, I had no or little ability to
shoot 400 yrds let alone 1500. So an accurate to 1500 yrd cartridge/arm
really was...superflouious.

Living in the desert..thats another matter completely.

You do know that the 45-70 can be an acceptionally accurate..very
accurate cartridge, in the proper arm, right? 1 hole 5 shot groups are
common. But while it will indeed shoot out to 1000 yrds....one must
watch out for low flying planes when doing so.

Living in a "short range" state as you do...I think Id go more towards
the small .22 centerfires than the big long range express cartridges.
You can at least find 200 yrds to shoot em, unlike a .338 Lapua etc

I got some instruction from someone who was working in
environments where 20 feet was a long shot. So he was teaching me
about the proper use of a rifle in close social interaction.
Now I want a "short rifle" for close up an personal. (The Czech,
iirc, have a nice bullpup model rifle in 5.7mm for the REMP - neat,
cool, I want one.)
It is all about what you have and where you are.

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich