Posted to rec.woodworking
Neil Brooks Neil Brooks is offline

Default Rough Cut

On Oct 10, 11:47*am, "
wrote:
Just saw his first (?) show last night. Only one PBS
station in this area (we get 4!) decided to carry it.

Like the log to furniture idea, though not every time.
He's very excitable - unlike the master - Norm -
about what he is doing. I didn't get a sense of instruction
that Norm took. To me, it was "ok here's what
I'm going to do, you could do it too".

I like the simple tools - chisel, marking gauge, table saw,
jointer. No huge planner or Timesaver sander. The whole
subtext of using trees that fell down in a yard or property
was good - Norm always highlighted reclaimed lumber.

His vocabulary is limited. "Sweet" is a favorite word.

The guy is young, athletic looking and probably the
wife will want to watch him. Perhaps that's the point.

MJ

Another good article:

http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/articles...on_pbs/?page=1

In all seriousness, they're welcoming constructive criticism:

http://www.thomasjmacdonald.com/foru...orum.php?f=108

Wish my local PBS affiliate would pick it up. "Trying to find a slot
for it," was the last I heard.