Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug White Doug White is offline

Default "Jack of all trades" business card?

"Denis G." wrote in
:

On Oct 9, 9:18*am, Doug White wrote:
Richard J Kinch wrote
innews:Xns9E0CE7784458someconun

:

Denis G. writes:

Is it possible to describe yourself as a "jack of all trades" or a
tinkerer without evoking the negative connotations of those names?

Yes. Call yourself a "bricoleur".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bricolage

The friend who rescued maidens & slew dragons (see earlier post),
later o

became a sort of general purpose assistant & troubleshooter to the
CEO of

software company. *He dealt with problems of any sort, from
accounting

logistics to vendor issues, etc. *His business card said "Myrmidon"

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/myrmidon

Doug White

Doug, that's an interesting word that I'll have to investigate more.
From the link I don't see how it relates to someone who would "wear
many hats", but I'll look into it. Thanks.

It was much more appropriate for his position of universal underling.

Doug White