Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mosin Nagant

On Tue, 5 Oct 2010 01:34:06 -0400, "Buerste"
wrote:

"Ignoramus17745" wrote in message
Finally took possession of this 91/30. It was a local transaction,
just took a bit long.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Mosin-Nagant-1/

Based on in depth look, this rifle appears unissued. The safety on the
bolt, after repeated use, should leave a mark (gouge) on the receiver,
and the mark is missing. The rifle has no signs of use (no scratches
or gouges).

The bayonet is cool too.

All I can say is wow.

A bud has two, one shoots OK-ish, the other will dot an "i" at 200 yds.
They often don't get the respect they deserve.

Check out the M39 Finns..they are captured and reworked MNs and are
incredibly accurate. More so than a star gauged Springfield.

http://www.surplusrifle.com/finnishmosin/index.asp

These are the only MNs that I bother handloading for. I keep thinking
about scoping one......

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)