Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default "Jack of all trades" business card?

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 01:34:49 -0700, Rich Grise
wrote:

On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 02:18:33 -0400, J. Clarke wrote:
In article ,
"Denis G." wrote in
news:474bd85c-e86b-42f8-96ab- :

Is it possible to describe yourself as a "jack of all trades" or a
tinkerer without evoking the negative connotations of those names?
Your thoughts appreciated.
Of the two, I'd definitely go with "jack of all trades"

Then again, a friend of mine used to have cards that said "Dragons
slain, maidens rescued. Special rates for groups." in small print near
the bottom.
Then there was Heinlein's "General Services"--the story ("We Also Walk
Dogs") is worth a read.

And Larry Niven's "Geeral Products" hulls, built by the Puppeteers. ;-)

They'll survive ANYTHING!

Once upon a time, someone was a minister and the card read "Marrials
and Burials".

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
--Jack London

Not quite "anything". Beowulf and Elephant busted one once...
I think that was in Flatlander.

--

Richard Lamb