Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default "Jack of all trades" business card?

In article ,
says...

On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 02:18:33 -0400, J. Clarke wrote:
In article ,
"Denis G." wrote in
:

Is it possible to describe yourself as a "jack of all trades" or a
tinkerer without evoking the negative connotations of those names?
Your thoughts appreciated.

Of the two, I'd definitely go with "jack of all trades"

Then again, a friend of mine used to have cards that said "Dragons
slain, maidens rescued. Special rates for groups." in small print near
the bottom.

Then there was Heinlein's "General Services"--the story ("We Also Walk
Dogs") is worth a read.

And Larry Niven's "Geeral Products" hulls, built by the Puppeteers. ;-)

Well, yeah, but General Products wasn't a JOAT outfit. General Services
was. "Want somebody murdered, don't call General Services. For
anything else . . . We also walk dogs."