Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default OT I thought I was using my credit card free.

In article ,
SMS wrote:

My relative has an Arco station in California. The manager of the Costco
gas station nearby sets the Costco price based on my relative's Arco
price (and the Arco doesn't take credit cards at all). The Costco
manager used to drive by the Arco station everyday to check the price,
now he just calls. Costco and Arco both go for very high volumes and low
margins.

Although I'm a Costco member, I rarely buy gas there because my local
store doesn't have a station. But, I used to buy a lot of Arco gas, and
I found it consistently bad. It took me a couple of years to figure out
why my car ran smooth, powerful, and quiet sometimes, and other times
rough and noisy, like an old truck. Finally realized that Arco's
percentage of pig vomit in their gas wasn't working well in my
particular car.