Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT I thought I was using my credit card free.

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
I have a friend who just started driving a semi truck. He says that
if you use a credit card for fuel, you pay 6 cents on the dollar more.

Is this true?

Depends on the station and the brand. Some do, most don't. The price is
usually posted as cash and credit someplace. One discount station I use
charges extra only for AMEX. State laws may come into this also. Using a
card saves a trip into the store to pay, but not worth the premium price.
I try to buy my gas in MA as it is cheaper than CT and some towns have full
service at the same price as self serve. Local fire marshal decides if self
serve is allowed.