Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default salt load

I shot a dog with a load of rock salt one time that was raiding the
chickens. I was surprised with the force it hit the dog. I was aiming at
its ass, and it swung his ass all the way sideways and smacked it on the
ground, but his front feet never left their position. Felt bad after I did
it, but the dog never ever came close to our property again. If you use
salt, go with something light like Kosher sized bits rather than the coarser
water softener sized crystals. It's probably going to be a short shot
anyway. Stock killing animals are not tolerated in the country, and most
people will shoot to kill if they know it's a dog that has killed before.
It is legal in our agricultural zoned area. Same with deer and coyotes, or
foxes. Once they get the taste of it, they will kill more than they can
possibly eat, probably for fun or instinct.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.