Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default swapping an oven plug for a clothes dryer plug

RBM wrote:

I'll repeat myself: "Electrical plug and outlet configurations are designed
to assure that the
correct voltage, phase, and amperage is providede for the plugged in
appliance. " That has nothing to do with the fusing. I personally would
replace the existing 40,50, or 60 amp fuses or circuit breaker with a 30
amp.

Actually, on consideration, I'll agree you're posting doesn't say quite
what I read it as. And, the plug/cordset need to be rated 50A which the
cord for the dryer almost surely isn't.

It'll work; it isn't really the correct solution.

I'd likely bite the bullet and run a dryer circuit meself...