Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Propane generator for blackouts?

Most houses have some place where a contractor could drill through the
sill plate. Not a big deal. If you had a contractor install a
stationary NG generator, that's a routine way to handle it.

Near me, the propane companies have 100 pound "cooking gas" tanks, and
100 or 250 gal "heating gas" tanks. The price of the gas is different,
too.

Sounds like you've decided to get the portable LPG generator. Please
let us know how it works. Maybe some others on the list will purchase
the same generator, if it works well.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"dgk" wrote in message

I will look into running natural gas, but the main comes in the front
of the house so it would involve taping it near the rear, where the
furnace and hot water heater are. But the only way to run it out of
the house right now would be the dryer vent, and running a gas line
next to hot exhaust seems like a bad idea.

I liked the idea of propane because I already have propane tanks but
maybe a larger tank would be ok?