Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dennis Dennis is offline

Default Don't Bring A Knife To A Gunfight

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 20:02:59 -0700, Bill Noble wrote:

it is really sad to see how much we have given up, how much we willingly
throw away - there was a time when we thought gun violence was bad and
should be avoided, when murder was undesirable, and when we wanted less
crime - in this thread all there is is gloating over death, not a single
person says "it's sad that a gun was needed", not a single person says
anything at all except to praise violence. you guys are sick.

So, you find it distasteful that a man can defend his life and property
by proper use of a firearm at the proper time? Would you rather have
seen the perpetrator cut the shopkeeper's throat?

Thanks,
Rich

I think Bill is saying that it was distasteful that he had to defend himself
in the first instance.