Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus25694 Ignoramus25694 is offline

Default Mosin Nagant

On 2010-10-06, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus17745 wrote:

Finally took possession of this 91/30. It was a local transaction,
just took a bit long.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Mosin-Nagant-1/

Based on in depth look, this rifle appears unissued. The safety on the
bolt, after repeated use, should leave a mark (gouge) on the receiver,
and the mark is missing. The rifle has no signs of use (no scratches
or gouges).

The bayonet is cool too.

All I can say is wow.

I have a few mosin's and a few nagants.

The M44 is a beast, short and stubby, arsensal refinished.

A number of other M/N rifle types.

And three 1895 revolvers. One actually has a decent trigger believe it or not. I should
shoot one someday.

So far I have English, French, Swiss, German, American, Russian, and Yugoslavian military
firearms. Sure wish I had scored a bent bolt 6.5 Swede in the good days when they were
cheap and easy to obtain but I wasn't into collecting then.

I may have missed a country or two. Austrian, I have some straight pulls, almost forgot.
Forgot the two sporter type 99 arisaka's.

Nice collection!