Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Propane generator for blackouts?

George wrote:
On 10/5/2010 1:41 PM, HeyBub wrote:
dgk wrote:
I will look into running natural gas, but the main comes in the
front of the house so it would involve taping it near the rear,
where the furnace and hot water heater are. But the only way to run
it out of the house right now would be the dryer vent, and running
a gas line next to hot exhaust seems like a bad idea.

I liked the idea of propane because I already have propane tanks but
maybe a larger tank would be ok?

1. You could tap into the line at the front of the house and bury a
3/8" plastic hose six inches deep to the rear.

Then what would he use for the gas line since that size is too small
for NG?

Hmm. You may be right.

I note the gas line to the burners on my stove are, maybe, 1/4" and I know
the gas line to a gas yard light is 3/8.

I know ! I have "skinny" gas.

Alternatively, I meant to say 3/4".