Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mosin Nagant

On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 08:03:52 -0500, Ignoramus25694

On 2010-10-05, Buerste wrote:

"Ignoramus17745" wrote in message
Finally took possession of this 91/30. It was a local transaction,
just took a bit long.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Mosin-Nagant-1/

Based on in depth look, this rifle appears unissued. The safety on the
bolt, after repeated use, should leave a mark (gouge) on the receiver,
and the mark is missing. The rifle has no signs of use (no scratches
or gouges).

The bayonet is cool too.

All I can say is wow.

A bud has two, one shoots OK-ish, the other will dot an "i" at 200 yds.
They often don't get the respect they deserve.

I doubt that mine is a very accurate rifle, but I have not yet tried
it.

Hell, Ig. If the barrel has a minor bend, and it shoots around
corners, just set the scope to shoot around the same corner. No
biggie.

--
Know how to listen, and you will
profit even from those who talk badly.