Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mosin Nagant

On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 08:03:25 -0500, Ignoramus25694

On 2010-10-05, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 22:12:35 -0500, Ignoramus17745
wrote:

Finally took possession of this 91/30. It was a local transaction,
just took a bit long.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Mosin-Nagant-1/

Based on in depth look, this rifle appears unissued. The safety on the
bolt, after repeated use, should leave a mark (gouge) on the receiver,
and the mark is missing. The rifle has no signs of use (no scratches
or gouges).

Amazing. She does look clean.

I looked all over for evidence of use. I looked for scratches, gouges,
wear where sliding parts come in contact, wear from safety being
repeatedly engages, etc, and found nothing.

Bore shiny, sharp, and perfect?

The bayonet is cool too.

The spikes are my favorite, too. I have one for my SKS, but haven't
installed it.

I actually prefer bladed bayonets, they are much more versatile.

For use off the rifle, or what?

All I can say is wow.

Ditto. What'd ya give for her?

$82.77. Not the cheapest ever deal, but pretty good for what looks
like a new rifle.

Damned good deal. Does the guy have any more like that? $80 for a
decent, long-range, sniperable rifle is a pittance. They do take a
lot of cleaning with that corrosive ammo, though.

--
Know how to listen, and you will
profit even from those who talk badly.