Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RBnDFW RBnDFW is offline

Default salt load

On 10/4/2010 5:30 PM, Steve Walker wrote:
On 10/4/2010 17:38, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Steve Walker wrote:
Others have valid suggestions. If it happens again, take pictures of
the mauled kittens, go to the neighbor's house, and show the pictures
to the kids, in front of the neighbor, and inform them if the dog
comes on your property again, he will end up looking like the kittens.

He said they were close friends - you don't do that with close friends.
Well, I don't.

Sorry. See below, I didn't mean to infer not giving the other
suggestions a try.

Friends are friends, but pets are family members, and deserve to be
protected when on their own property.

Indeed they do, but he has a number of suggestions that are worth trying
before being offensive.

I should have phrased it better. Try the other valid suggestions first,
then if it happens again, etc.

However, IF IT WERE ME, there would be no second chance. I love my pets,
and would rather lose a friend, than allow his animals to kill one more
of my pets. Obviously, the neighbor knows what is going on, and is not
being serious enough in restraining his dog.

Quote:

"My neighbor's dog has developed a blood taste for Milady's kittens.
When it brakes out of the invisible fence, the dog makes a bee line up
here to hunt and kill as fast as it can."

Unquote

Sounds like this has happened more than once. To me, once is an
unfortunate incident, twice is negligence, and would result in a missing
dog before I would let it happen again.

My wife would not tolerate this happening to her pets, and it would soon
be her or my neighbor I'd have to do without. My course of action should
be obvious.

Steve, I'm right there with you. Our cats are the children my wife never
had. If a dog were to attack any one of them, there would be a very dead
dog. Ours are inside-only cats.

--
I can see November from my front porch