Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default salt load

On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 22:36:26 -0400, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at
PTD dot NET wrote:

On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 07:47:52 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

Anyway, I've heard of filling a 12 gauge shell with rock salt from the
water softener. Will shooting an animal with this just barely break
the skin, my goal? What range? I know if I'm too close serious injury
could result. Anyone with experience here?

Check out the Box O Truth - Rock Salt in a Shotgun
It doesn't have a whole lot of power according to his experiment
Down to 10 yards, it would't be lethal.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot33.htm

RWL

Thanks for the link. it looks like the problem with rock salt is that
its useless, not too lethal.

Karl