Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default salt load

On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 10:57:02 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 07:47:52 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

My neighbor's dog has developed a blood taste for Milady's kittens.
When it brakes out of the invisible fence, the dog makes a bee line up
here to hunt and kill as fast as it can.

My neighbor and I are close friends. His kids adore that dog. So I
need to come up with something non lethal and preferably no large vet
bill.

Anyway, I've heard of filling a 12 gauge shell with rock salt from the
water softener. Will shooting an animal with this just barely break
the skin, my goal? What range? I know if I'm too close serious injury
could result. Anyone with experience here?

One simple question, should I re-seal the top of the shell with melted
paraffin? Or another way?

Karl

How about a chain for the dog?

On the other hand....rock salt may do the job..IF you see him coming and
nail him the moment he hits the yard. And aim at the ass end ..rock salt
will blind any critter you hit in the face with it.

Or you can buy/rent/borrow a good STRONG shock collar and watch him
coming..the moment he hits the yard..push the button and hold it down
while he goes into spasms and apparent convulsions. Hold that button
down for more than 30 seconds!! Have his owner shout NO!!! repeatedly
while doing it..then let up and let the owner continue to shout NO!!
until the dog recovers and runs home.

It may..may take 3-4 such treatments before its burned into his brain
that coming over to your place hurts and is a Bad Thing (tm)

And he will try coming onto the property via several different
directions after lighting his ass up the first time

It would appear that the invisible fence is not set up high enough. At
this point..Id set up his collar to knock his dick in the dirt.

Thanks for the added suggestions. Gives me a couple options to ask the
neighbor to get. i need to think a couple days on how to ask polite
but firm.

I did order a wrist rocket. The nieghbor put the dog on a chain, for
now. I know it will be released as it really suffers being chained.

Karl