Posted to uk.d-i-y
No Name

Default Injet printer cartridge refills

On 3 Oct,
Alan wrote:

In message , wrote

Get a laser printer, you know it makes sense!

Do colour laser printers give an acceptable results for photo outputs or
are they more suited to the type of output where you have blocks of a
limited colour range in, say, something like a logo.

Mine is reasonably good on photos, a dedicated photo printer would be better,
but it doesn't have any striations that a typical 3/4 colour inkjet gives.
Photo prints are achievable next day, and much cheaper than inkjets, from
many on-line printers.

Many of the cheap inkjets these days are 1400 to 5000+ dpi whereas a most
of the affordable lasers are still in the 300 or 600 dpi range.

I think the laser will modulate the dots, unlike a typical inkjet. This
allows gradations that would need more dots on an inkjet. I'm much more
impressed with its output than I've ever been been with inkjets. SWMBO has
never complained either!

Another big advantage is the output is waterproof.

--
B Thumbs
Change lycos to yahoo to reply