Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] PlainBill47@yawho.com is offline

Default RCA P60928 PTK195 Chassis no power

On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 20:00:08 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow
wrote:

On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 12:16:08 -0700, wrote:

ok so how do I get into service mode if I cant power on the set. Is
there a service switch on the pcb somewhere. Thanks Ted

Hey, have you tried to get some service literature on the 195 chassis?
Might want to wait around for PlainBill to chime back in. He works on a
lot more of these than I. I switched my service genre to vintage guitar
amps and other pro sound/studio equipment a while back.

You've already replaced a flyback in this thing so obviously you know
something about them. My experience is limited to convergence amps, a
common failure in some sets. But in my youth I worked for a multi-brand
warranty center and was always handed the tough dog sets.

Too late. I already referred him to elektrotanya, which has the
Photofact folder. It's free. If the doofus isn't smart enough to
read it, there is no way I''m going to encourage him to stick his
hands into the chassis.

http://elektrotanya.com/?q=showresul...ia= &kat2=all

PlainBill