Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default salt load

On 10/3/2010 9:14 AM, Karl Townsend wrote:

I haven't used a wrist rocket in forty years, what range are they
accurate too? The dog runs from me on sight.

With marbles, you can be reasonably accurate out to 50 yards with
practice. Not paper-punching accurate, but send-the-dog-a-message
accurate. If you were once accurate with one, it will come back quickly.

Around here, there's been close to some Hatfield/McCoy level feuds over
animals killing/mauling livestock, and the shooting of guilty dogs.
Mostly the problem stems from city folk that think dogs have a God given
right to roam the countryside, and refuse to accept Fifi might still
have some vestiges of feral hunting instincts.

Had a neighbor's dog come almost into my garage years ago and give me
attitude like I was on his turf. I told the neighbor, next time he does
that, the dog dies right there on the spot. Had no more problems after
that. But, it's a lot tougher when the dog owner is a friend...

Jon