Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del John-Del is offline

Default RCA P60928 PTK195 Chassis no power

On Oct 2, 7:05*pm, " wrote:
OK I have even put an amp meter on the line comming in and *I am
getting around 300 milli amps when pluged in but no change at all when
I hit the remote. I get a slight chirp when I first plug it in but no
change again with the remote. Thanks Ted

It's unlikely the micro is bad unless you caught some lightning. Of
the two, the eeprom is more likely to have failed, but are uncommon in
the 195. If the eeprom is bad, you will need to confirm it with a
scope. If the Vcc and reset voltages are good at the micro, but
there is no response from the system control, there are a couple of
possibilities. The easy one is to unplug the front panel connector
from the top of the light box where the IR is located. If the TV
powers up from the remote, you've got bad tact switches on the front
control board. You can either leave it unplugged, or replace all the
tacts. If it doesn't respond, get a bright light and look for any
evidence of coolant leakage around the micro, eeprom, and LV
regulators. If you have coolant leakage in any area, it will need to
be removed (time consuming).