Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Injet printer cartridge refills

On 2 Oct, 16:46, Lobster wrote:
On 01/10/2010 22:48, Roger Mills wrote:

On 01/10/2010 21:18, Michael Chare wrote:
Canon replacement cartridges for my Pixma printer now cost almost as
much as I originally paid for the printer!

There are various cartridge refill kits which I could buy. Are these any
good?

Cheap printers and expensive cartridges are all part of the marketing
strategy because manufacturers can virtually give you the printer and
rely on making their money from ink sales. [Bit like mobile phones, really]

Mm... chatting to my daughter away at uni the other day, she told me how
she'd just bought a new Epson printer for about 35 quid and was really
chuffed with herself (ie having done this without having to get Dad's
advice).

Me: "So presumably it's an inkjet then?"
Her: "Eh? it's a printer."
Me: (having established that she'd just installed inkjet cartridges)
"How much are new cartridges then?"
Her: "No idea, I don't need any at the moment"

Hey ho. *The answer turned out to be about 45 pounds a set... :-(

David

All part of the learning curve!